We recently started posting some Cricut Tips & Hacks on our TikTok account & we wanted to make a blog post with all these tips! We will be adding more as we learn them!
CLICK HERE to check out our TikTok account full of Cricut tips, project inspiration, & other craft resources!
Make sure you follow us to stay up to date on all our videos!
You can click the links in each tip to take you to purchase each item included in these tips!
1. When pulling vinyl off your mat, turn it over & BEND & pull up on the mat (the mat is made a little flexible so you can do this!) while removing TO PREVENT PAPER CURLING!
BEND THE MAT, NOT THE VINYL!
2. TO CUT MULTIPLE COLORS OF VINYL ON THE SAME MAT
On the “Make It” screen, click the THREE DOTS (they appear when you select an image), & select “Move Image” and manually move every image onto the same mat & lay each color using the number guides.
You can also do this by making the entire image the same color. Then all parts of your project will appear on one mat & you can manually move them to arrange them how you’d like & just place the vinyl as described above.
4. When dealing with stubborn vinyl that won’t come off your transfer tape, turn it over so the transfer tape is facing DOWN. Then almost fold/roll away, almost creasing the backing of the vinyl, SLOWLY away from the transfer tape.
Sometimes you have to PUSH DOWN (reburnish) another time on the transfer tape for the stubborn pieces BEFORE doing this to ensure your vinyl is adhered to the transfer tape good!
5. You can reuse the same piece of transfer tape over and over again!
6. Use parchment paper for easy layering! Put the parchment paper on the back of your vinyl (on the sticky part. Don’t worry it comes right off really easy!) covering about 90% of the design, leaving just a little of the design exposed on the top. Line up your vinyl (the exposed NOT covered by parchment paper) & once your satisfied with placement, slowly pull away the parchment paper, while slowly sticking your vinyl to the first layer.
7. Store your vinyl UPRIGHT for longer shelf life, or keep it in a roll tightly wrapped.